EREV SHABBAT GROUP
Do you have a desire to study the word of G-d? Do you want to bring in the Sabbath in G-d’s presence? Do you long for fellowship? If so, come join us every Friday evening at 7 p.m.
For more information, contact Jerry Parrillo
Is to study all of the word of G-d and put it into practice in our lives. We strive to bring each person to maturity in Messiah and help them be an active contributor to the body. We don’t want to be just hearers of the word, but doers. (James 1:22-25)
What We Do
Our gatherings usually consist of:
· Lighting of the Shabbat Candles
· Saying the Shabbat prayers over the Challah and Grape Juice
· Bible Study
Topics We Have Studied
· The Real Oral Law and the Essential Commandments
· The Gospel in the Old Testament
· The 10 Commandments in the New Testament
· Four Signs of the Messiah
· Hebrew Tribes/Month of the Year Connection
· Menorahs and Hanukkiahs Throughout Scripture
· Sosthenes and the Nazarite Vow
· The Covenants
· Aleph Tav and G-d’s Signet Ring
· Book of Revelations
· Overview of the Psalms
· Ben Joseph and Ben David
Jerry Parrillo - Khavurah Group Leader
Jerry has been a believer for 33 years, and has been part of the Messianic movement for 19 years.
In addition to being a khavurah group leader, he currently serves at Congregation Shema Yisrael as the Treasurer of the L'Chaim Resource Center, is in charge of the congregation's food pantry, and is a member of the Projection Team. Alongside his occupation as a general contractor, he also assists in the upkeep of the building.
He believes that Gentiles cannot fully understand the Bible unless they view it from a Jewish perspective.